History

Our beginnings go back  to 1929 when the Tunnicliffe family started their native  sawmilling business in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. The company  later merged with MWG Timber and Hardware Limited (Morris,  Walsh and Gatfield), a business which gained momentum while  the town of Kawerau and its pulp mills were being built  during the 1940s and 50s. In 1997 the processing division  was sold as a separate business, including its staff and  expertise, and took on the old original family name again.

photo_tane_history1
Pages-from-Indigenous-Logging-Book
Pages-from-Indigenous-Logging-Book2

Website by Mann Print & Design

tunnicliffe_medium2